Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lupe Fiasco British Rock Star!?? Meet Japanese Cartoon .. Heirplanes X Army X Invaders Must Die




This is not a Joke..This is Lupe Fiasco singing rock tunes in a British accent with his band he calls 'japanese Cartoon'..Now supposedly this is a side project he has been working on, but few knew about...well thanks to Fake Shore Drive the Japanese Cartoon's Myspace was found and voila the net gets the leaks...I got my hands on another track which is not on his myspace..it seems strange but that definitely sounds like Lupe...me?...I love it when artists go beyond the artistic boundaries they're placed in its a sign of creative curiosity, which all the great artists have..


update: I'm still trying to confirm that this Lupe...It really does sound like him, but I'm not certain..



Army



Heirplanes

update - added to Japanese Cartoon Myspace..



Invaders Must Die Shinobi (Fats Mashup)

Update: 2 updates here...

From Japanese Cartoon's Myspace..

"Percival Fats (born Percival Hindenburg-Fats) Is NOT Lupe Fiasco (born Wasalu Muhammad Jaco)," the blog read. "Although he is a dear friend. Lupe does finance the band, but is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT THE SINGER IN JAPANESE CARTOON. He is, however, the producer and we value his participation very much."


From Lupe via Okayplayer..

Under the internet alias "FNF Up And Away ok," :

"I like those kids a lot," Lupe wrote. "Met the bass player overseas last year and their publicist/manager is a good friend from like childhood. May sign them. Not me singing though."


I'm highly suspicious cause you can't tell me the singer on these tracks does not sound like Lupe....And seriously the 'Myspace got Hacked' story sounds mad suspicious. In fact I'm not buying it...till I hear 'Percival Facts'.

0 comments: