Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dom Kennedy Featured in Vibe's 'New West'

I've been saying this for who knows how long, but this time its for real.....The West is on the come up and this guy is a part of the new talent. I've met Dom before and the thing I like from all the New West artists I've met before is that they're all good people too. Not a bunch of phony egos and studio gangstas...Cats with real skill and good heads on their shoulders. I've posted some of his stuff on IMEEM and needless to say its gotten thousands of hits.



check out the article

article prview:


Government Name: Dominic Kennedy
My L.A.: Leimert Park
Album/ Mixtape: The 25th Hour mixtape (March 2008)
Signed/ Unsigned: Unsigned
My Jam: “Still Lookin”



Dom Kennedy talks as if he has everything planned out. His life. His music career. And possibly even his death. His tattoo even reads, “In loving memory of hip hop”—a metaphor for how he wants to leave his mark on the game. “That’s how I live kind of, in memory,” he says eerily, eyes hidden under his gray Los Angeles Kings fitted. He looks up and continues, “When I die, all my music will go with me.” His talk of death is symbolic of greater ambitions, though: Dom Kennedy, 24, wants his music to stand the test of time. “My stories are stories that we’ve all lived,” he says. “Ten years from now a kid should be able to play my song and know exactly what I’m talking about.”




video + '25th hour' mixtape on the other side...get familiar!





25th Hour Mixtape
...Read more

0 comments: